When playing Texas Hold’Em poker, every player is dealt two cards face down – these are called your 'hole cards'. Then there is a round of betting where you can Check, Bet or Fold. This stage of the game is known as pre-flop and what you should do is depend on those hole cards, or starting hand.
Texas Hold’Em poker
Five reasons to play Texas Hold’Em
The bread and butter of poker – a great way to get some practice in.
- Play any time with any number of players (well, up to 6)
- Play as little or as much as you like with no start or end times
- With fast-forward , you can speed through a poor hand in an instant
- Play on your terms. You choose how much to take to the table
- Small blind just €1 and big blind €2
Five rules for success
- Start Slowly
- Only (usually) bet if you’ve got the goods
- Pay attention to position
- Take control
- Don't be too hard on yourself
At Ceasar’s – Portlaoise Card Club, we are open every day and late nights Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. With games starting from 10pm each night, we invite you to join in the poker experience!
Your Christmas Party should be a night to remember. What better way to celebrate than a night in Caesars Card Club. With a variety of games and a fully functioning late bar, you can party late into the night.
Poker nights are a great way to end your stag night. We work in conjunction with many establishments in Portlaoise, offering a total package night, including accommodation, night club entry and much more. To find out more, call us today.